Kazakhstan Trademark Search
MIKHAILYUK, SOROKOLAT & PARTNERS
Patent and Trademark Attorneys
ISO 9001 CERTIFIED
MIKHAILYUK, SOROKOLAT & PARTNERS offers the full range of legal services related to trademark registration in Kazakhstan including trademark search, registration, renewal of a trademark certificate, preparing and recordal of assignment and licence agreement, recordal of changes as well as representing clients before courts. We do our best to represent our clients' interests in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Overview of the trademark registration procedure in Kazakhstan:
After the completion of filing, the Kazakh trademark application undergoes preliminary examination within 3-4 months. Then the substantive examination is conducted within 8-12 months. On results of the substantive examination the grant decision is issued. After payment of the prescribed registration fee the certificate of registration is issued within 4-5 months.
The entire procedure of trademark registration in Kazakhstan takes from 19 to 23 months.
Opposition period against trademark application in Kazakhstan is not stipulated.
Grounds, institutions and terms for filing a cancellation after registration:
1. Cancellation based on relative grounds may be filed to the Appeal Board within 5 years from registration;
2. Cancellation based on absolute grounds may be filed to the Appeal Board within the entire period of validity of the trademark;
3. Cancellation based on non-use may be filed to the Appeal Board. The grace period is 3 years from registration or prior to the date of filing cancellation.
For filing a trademark application in Kazakhstan we need:
- Name and address of the applicant;
- Prints of the trademark;
- List of goods and/or services in accordance with the international classification;
- Certified copy of priority document if priority is to be claimed (may be filed to the Kazakh Trademark Office within three months from the filing date);
- Signed and stamped Power of Attorney, in case the stamp is not available POA must be notarized. Legalization is not required (may be filed to the Kazakh Trademark Office within two months from the filing date).