Kazakhstan Trademark Office
Kazakhstan is a country situated in Eurasia. Ranked as the ninth largest country in the world as well as the world's largest landlocked country. It is neighbored clockwise from the north by Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and also borders on a significant part of the Caspian Sea. The capital moved in 1997 to Astana from Almaty, Kazakhstan's largest city.
The country is a member of many international organizations, including the United Nations, NATO's Partnership for Peace, the Commonwealth of Independent States, and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation. In 2010, Kazakhstan will chair the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Buoyed by high world crude oil prices and other major exports of Kazakhstan include wheat, textiles, and livestock. Kazakhstan forecasts that it will become the world's leading exporter of uranium by the year 2010. Energy is the leading economic sector through the production of crude oil and natural gas.General Information
Main exports:Crude oil and natural gas
Government Type:Presidential Republic International Arrangements
- Berne Convention (Literary and Artistic Works), - Eurasian Patent Convention, as of November 4, 1995.
- Madrid Agreement, as of February 16, 1993.
- Natural persons or legal entities. Foreigners enjoy same rights as nationals; must elect a patent attorney in Kazakhstan.
Requirements (to be sent to resident agent for filing an application):
- Power of Attorney (no legalization);
- Specification, claims and abstract (may be filed in Kazak or Russian language, or any other language, whereby the certified Kazak or Russian translation should be filed within two months from the filing date);
- Drawing, 3 sets;
- Priority certificate, if any (to be filed within six months from the filing date).
- A substantive examination is carried out
- Beginning, duration and extension of protection: ten years from the filing date; renewable for further ten-year periods
- Payments of fees is foreseen (grace period of 6 months)
Amendment of issued patent: