Kazakhstan for business
The USAID Business Connections Project is implemented in Kazakhstan to build the capacity and competitiveness of Kazakhstani small and medium enterprises. This program is co-funded by USAID and the Government of Kazakhstan under the framework of the Kazakhstan-U.S. Program for Economic Development (PED), and the design and idea for this project was provided by the Government of Kazakhstan вЂ“ the project contributes to the national business development strategy вЂњRoadmap of Business 2020вЂќ.
- Country: Kazakhstan
- Award Value: $5, 173, 326
- VEGA Lead Member: International Executive Service Corps (IESC)
- Other VEGA Members: CNFA
- Objective: To build the capacity and competitiveness of Kazakhstani small and medium enterprises (SMEs) through their modernization and expansion.
- People Impacted: 94
- Local Partners:
Entrepreneurship Development Committee/Ministry of Regional Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kazakhstani Entrepreneurship Development Fund (DAMU)
- Theme: Enterprise Development, Local Capacity Development
- Enhance training of small and medium enterprise owners and top managers by providing American business practitioners to the Turan-Profi Academy to deliver specialized training;
- Organize business development tours to the U.S. for 160 Kazakhstani businesses from different sectors of economy;
- Provide recommendations and technical assistance to the DAMU Fund (analogue of the U.S. Small Business Association) in order to expand access to online training materials and increase traffic to two DAMU web-portals вЂ“ and .