Tourist visa Kazakhstan
In general, all foreign nationals are required to have business or tourist visas to enter Kazakhstan. To obtain a Kazakhstan visa foreign citizens should apply to a Kazakhstan diplomatic/consular institution in their country of residence.
Documents required for the Kazakhstan visa:
- Copy of the first two pages of their passport a valid passport (or international travel document)
- A copy of their Kazakhstan visa support (invitation letter) with a notification of their visa support number by the DCS of the MFA (or the original individual invitation issued by the Police)
- 1 passport-size photo;
- Fee, payable on collection of visa
- For 5 days transit visas, the visa of the destination country and onward ticket (or a reservation) are required.
- Hotel booking confirmation
- International flight booking confirmation.
The passport should not expire earlier than six months after the validity term of the requested visa. Other necessary documents will be determined by the consul at the time of application.
Visas are issued within 7 calendar days from the day of presenting all documents. Documents are accepted with a visa support letter from the Diplomatic-consular service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In order to get single entry official, private, tourist or business visa to Kazakhstan at the Embassies of Kazakhstan, nationals of the following countries do not need letter of invitation (Kazakhstan visa support): Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Germany, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Singapore, the USA, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, France.
Citizens of some countries are eligible for visa free entry to the Republic of Kazakhstan for the period of up to 90 days (depending on the country). According to the new decree of the government, there is a list of countries whose citizens may visit Kazakhstan for the period of up to 15 days due to temporary cancellation of visas until the end of 2017. The complete list of the countries eligible to visit Kazakhstan without visa is available here.