Navigation Menu+

Kazakhstan e Commerce

Kazakh e-commerce catching up

Specialists estimate that the sector is currently growing at 25% per year, a rate likely to continue for at least the next three years. There is certainly plenty of room for growth, as online retail only represents around 1% of total retail spending. In comparison, e-commerce makes up about 2% of the retail market in Russia, 3% in Spain, 7% in the Netherlands and 13% in the UK (retailresearch.org).

In 2012 more than half the online purchases made by Kazakh shoppers came from US retailers, while local websites claimed just 10% of the market. The Eurozone also had a share of around 10%, slightly ahead of Russia and the UK.

The leading local players aiming to get more Kazakhs to shop вАШlocallyвАЩ are fashion site Lamoda.kz and electronics retailers Alser.kz and Sulpak.kz.

Kazakh shoppers are yet to fully embrace electronic payment systems, although they are widely available, with 60% preferring to pay with cash.

You might also like
Country Focus Briefing: Kazakhstan
Country Focus Briefing: Kazakhstan
CCMO eCommerce Solution Russia - Ukraine - Kazakhstan
CCMO eCommerce Solution Russia - Ukraine - Kazakhstan
LooksellerHD
LooksellerHD
Kazakhstan Information Strategy, Internet and E-commerce Development Handbook: Strategic Information, Programs, Regulations (World Business and Investment Library)
Book (Intl Business Pubns USA)
Related Posts